How To Build Your Barber Box
First: Visualize The Cut
Think about the customer, what kind of cut are you performing? What tools will you need?
Visualize your cutting process:
From draping your client to what you’ll need for a crisp line up. Organize your barber box for success and prepare for all of the pitfalls (i.e bad lighting, lack of space, distractions)
Then: Keep It Simple
I only bring what’s necessary for me:
- Cleaning Products (Cool Care, Sanex Strips)
- One Clipper, One Trimmer (cordless) & A Shaver (click here to see details).
- Guards & The Rich Barber Shears/ Razor
- On The Money 10 Sec Blade Setter for the Simline Pro's
- Two Combs: A Regular one and The Flash Comb
- The N’hance Hair Fibers & Hold Spray Kit probably in black or brown
- Styling Products (Curl Sponge, Pomade etc)
& Always: Keep A Emergency Kit
Accidents happen .. They happen to me and they happen to you.
What you don't want is to be performing an out of the shop service, drop your blade, break it and have no replacement.
That's why I keep a 1 Minute Blade Modifier in my Barber box and at my Barber station.
Because, we’ve all done it; dropped our clippers or trimmers and had to replace the blade.
Now with the 1 Minute Blade Modifier, you can buy your own blade for $14 dollars, modify and set it yourself in less than two minutes & be back to work like nothing happened.
Much Love & Success
- Chuka The Barber